FawryPay for WHMCS is a full-featured gateway with the ability to accept payment by credit cards or at any Fawry POS using digital wallet or cash. FawryPay’s solutions meet the highest global security standards, and are in full compliance with ISO 27001 and PCI DSS standards. Fawry is considered to be the best payment gateway in Egypt, it provides the best ewallet in Egypt myFawry.
FawryPay for WHMCS will integrate seamlessly with WHMCS. The integration will allow WHMCS to communicate with Fawry payment gateway using API. FawryPay for WHMCS redirects customers to a white label Fawry portal giving your customers the option to pay using Credit Card or at any Fawry POS by cash or mobile wallet. Once payment is made, Fawry will send notification using SMS, Email, and Callback. Once Fawry has received the payments, it will send a callback notification to WHMCS and activate the service automatically.
This knowledge base article will describe how to download and activate FawryPay for WHMCS to start accepting payments through Fawry payment gateway.
- You need to have an active FawryPay for WHMCS license, you can get a license by buying the module from Greens247 website.
- Access to the WHMCS admin dashboard as full administrator.
- You need to obtain a Fawry API merchant code and secret key. If you do not have a merchant code and a secret key, contact customer support and an agent will be happy to assist you in activating your Fawry account and your Fawry account dasboard. You may need to send legal documents about your company, and sign a legal agreement.
- Login to your account at Greens247.
- Click on Services.
- Click on FawryPay, copy your license key. It begings with "FCO".
- Click on Downloads and download the latest version of FawryPay.
- Copy the downloaded compressed file and upload it to your WHMCS root directory (the directory where WHMCS is installed).
- Login to your WHMCS admin dashboard.
- On the tabbed menu, Click Setup -> addon modules.
- Find the FawryPay module and click "Activate".
- Once the module is activated, click on configure in order to input your license key. If you had copied it like instructed earlier, then just paste the license key.
- Tick the box full administrator, or any other user group that you want to allow to view the license information.
- View the license information, by going to the "addon" menu and click FawryPay.
- Once the page loads, click the "Force License Update".
- If everything is ok, you will see the License Status as "Active". If you are having difficulty activating FawryPay for WHMCS payment gateway module, please contact customer support and an agent will be happy to assist with troubleshooting and fixing the problem.
- Assuming you have an "Active" License Status, on the tabbed menu click "Setup->Payments->Payment Gateways".
- Click "All Payment Gateways" then find "FawryPay", this will activate the Payment Gateway. It will now look for the license and activate it.
- Choose a name to display to your customers, the default is "FawryPay". You can change it to "Credit Card / Pay at Fawry" for example.
- Type in your API merchant code, and secret key. If you do not have a merchant code and a secret key, contact customer support and an agent will be happy to assist you in activating your Fawry account and your Fawry account dashboard. You may need to send legal documents about your company, and sign a legal agreement.
- If you have a test API account, you can input the test merchant code and secret key and tick the "Test Mode". This will send payments to the Fawry test account and dashboard. It is a simulated environment for you to test the implementation to make sure everything is perfect before going live.
- Critical API communication between FawryPay for WHMCS and the Fawry payment gateway are logged. You can view the log by clicking the following at the top tabbed menu "Billing->Gateway Log". Only critical information is logged. If you want detailed information for debugging and troubleshooting purpose you can enable debug mode by clicking on the tabbed menu click "Setup->Payments->Payment Gateways". Click "Manage Existing Gateways" find FawryPay and ticking the "Debug Mode" checkbox.You have successfully enabled the FawryPay addon module, and FawryPay Payment Gateway for WHMCS.
Congratulations, you have successfully activated the FawryPay module license and activated the FawryPay payment gateway module for WHMCS.
Last update: July 10th, 2020